It kind of feels like summer just started, and in a blink of an eye, here we are at the tail end. While we love sweater weather, with the changing seasons comes a new schedule, and this can be hard for those of us who just got used to our summer routine. This can instill some panic with the thought of going back to school, back to being indoors more often, and just plain old change. Now we have to adjust our schedules to make sure our health and wellness is our priority. While the prospects of fall can seem daunting, this doesn't mean you have to throw away all of your healthy habits and routines.
If you feel like you are losing that summer health kick and motivation, it might be time to start a summer challenge.
Joining a summer challenge has many benefits and can help you stay on track with your health goals.
Here's some of the benefits:
- Taking the first step is HUGE. Just the fact that you are being proactive and deciding to commit yourself to something.
- Building or reinforcing good habits. Making daily commitments, no matter how small, will soon become second nature.
- Don't be afraid of commitment. Commitment feels good! When you commit to yourself and your health, you naturally start feeling better about yourself. To be able to say, "I set out to complete this challenge… and I did it!" It feels almost as good as finishing that tube of chapstick before losing it or buying a new one. Or the satisfaction of licking the last of the Nutella jar. YESSSS #accomplished.
- Learning something new. When you are a part of a challenge, you will definitely be learning something new. Whether it's a new workout, a new movement, a new recipe, or just a new way to look at yourself.
- Accountability. Let's be honest… this is a big one. No one feels excited to train or workout 100% of the time ( well... Maybe some people do. If so, please share your secret). Life is hard, it can be tiring! We are all out there hustling being boss babes, and even boss babes need help with accountability. Being part of a community like Grown Strong guarantees that you will never lack accountability buddies. Everyone here wants the best for one another. Everyone here wants to help each other reach their goals. Whether it's tips, tricks, or daily motivation, we got you covered!
- Last but not least… it's FUN! Challenges can spice up our routines and give them an extra flare. Sure your grilled chicken, rice, and broccoli are delicious and nutritious. But sometimes, you need some chili lime seasoning on that chicken. Still nutritious, still delicious, but it gives you that little kick you need to keep things interesting (Ok. Sorry for the chicken metaphor, but you get what we are trying to say).
A friendly reminder, a challenge won't magically give you pull-ups, and it isn't a quick fix. Think of it as a boost in helping you stay motivated in your health and fitness journey.
Does a challenge sound fun? On August 2nd we'll kick off our popular Mindset Makeover challenge. We had nearly 3,000 people participate last year and this time it's even bigger and better! It's completely FREE to participate. Learn more and sign up by clicking the button above.