LET'S MEASURE THE PROGRESS!
The Fit Test is a benchmark workout intended to measure a variety of performance elements and tracks your physical progress. Taking the Fit Test on a regular basis will measure:
○ Muscular strength
○ Muscular endurance
○ Cardiovascular output
○ Speed & conditioning level
We encourage you to take this test when starting your Grown Strong journey and re-test every 2-4 months. Compare times from your previous scores to see your improvement or what you can focus on in the future.
Are you ready to get started?
STEP 1: TAKE PROGRESS PHOTOS
We recommend taking progress photos before starting your Fit Test as another way to track your physical progress. When taking your progress photos, be sure to use the following criteria:
○ 1 photo from the front with your arms at your side
○ 1 photo from the side, with your arms out forward
○ 1 photo from behind with your arms at your side
Your body should be relaxed (not flexing or posed) and the photos should be taken in natural light if possible. Take your photos first thing in the morning after using the restroom. Don’t forget to share your progress photos/videos with us!
STEP 2: START THE FIT TEST WORKOUT
Here’s what you’ll need:
○ Pair of dumbbells
○ Pull-up bar *
○ Download the Fit Test Progress Tracker by clicking here.
*If you don’t have access to a pull-up bar then modify for DB Bent Over Rows.
PART A: START AT THE 00:00 MINUTE MARK
• 90 Seconds Max Push-ups
• 90 Seconds Max Sit-ups
• 90 Seconds Max Strict Pull-ups
• 90 Seconds Max DB Front Squats
• 90 Seconds Max DB Push Press
*Rest 30 seconds between exercises and log your reps for each exercise*
PART B: START AT THE 12:00 MINUTE MARK
• Max Plank Hold
• Max Wall Sit
*Stop if you reach the 2:30 mark for either of the exercises and rest exactly 30 seconds between the plank hold and wall sit. Log your time for the duration of your exercise holds*
Part C: Start at the 20:00 Minute Mark
Complete As Many Rounds As Possible in 10 Minutes:
• 10 Burpees
• 10 DB Power Clean
• 10 Alternating Bodyweight Lunges (5 each side)
• 10 DB Thrusters
*Log the total number of reps completed at the end of the time. (i.e. If you complete 3 rounds + 3 burpees into your 4th round, your score will be 123 reps)
STEP 3: LOG YOUR SCORE
Here’s how to calculate your Fit Score:
○ Part A: Count the number of reps you completed for each exercise. This will be your Individual Exercise Score. Then, add up the total number of reps completed for all exercises and log that for your Part A Total Score. (You will have two scores for Part A.)
○ Part B: Log your time in seconds for each exercise hold. Then, add the two scores together for your Part B total score.
○ Part C: Log the total number of reps completed at the end of the time.
○ Total GS Fit Score: Add up the total number of reps from Part A, the total amount of time (in seconds) from Part B and the total amount of reps from Part C.
Log your score somewhere where you can refer back to it. Don’t forget to share your total GS Fit Score with us in the Grown Strong Community group! #IamGrownStrong.
We’re excited to watch you grow and make incredible progress!