Yes, you read the title right! Banana Oatmeal Cookies... It's important to enjoy food and if anyone deserves a little treat it's you. BUT, let's do it in a healthy style that's delicious as usual but won't undo all your hard work.
Packed with wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, almond flour, and ripe bananas, these cookies are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt.
Not only are these cookies healthier than traditional recipes, but they're also easy to make and perfect for meal prepping. Whether you enjoy them as an afternoon snack, a post-workout treat, or a dessert, these cookies are sure to become a new favorite in your healthy eating repertoire now and way beyond this challenge.
So grab your mixing bowl, preheat your oven, and let's get baking!
- Using the ingredients below this recipe will yield 16 cookies.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, rolled oats, almond flour, applesauce, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the middle of the oven, until the cookies are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Macronutrient breakdown per cookie (assuming 16 cookies total):
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 2g