Looking for a breakfast that's as delicious as it is healthy? Look no further than this "Roasted Sweet Potato and Greens Breakfast Bowl with Eggs and Feta" recipe! With a flavorful blend of sweet potatoes, leafy greens, and savory feta cheese, this meal is sure to wake up your taste buds and leave you feeling energized all day long. Plus, it's easy to make and can be customized to your liking, so you can start your day off on the right foot in no time.
- Using the ingredients below this recipe will yield 2 servings.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped arugula or kale
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites (92 grams liquid egg white)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss sweet potato with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, and salt in a mixing bowl until evenly coated.
- Spread sweet potato in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
- While the sweet potato is roasting, heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add arugula or kale to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until lightly wilted.
- Add eggs and egg whites onto the pan and scramble together with the greens.
- Cook for roughly another 2 minutes or until your desired doneness.
- Divide the roasted sweet potato between 2 plates and top with half the scramble on each one or alternatively serve on the side.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the top of each plate and you're now ready to eat.
Macronutrients per serving:
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 16g