Grilled Chicken With Quinoa & Roasted Vegetables
Nothing wrong with a clean and basic dinner! Today we're sharing a simple and very macro friendly dinner with you.
You can double the ingredients and save leftovers for lunch the next couple of days.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (360 g)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus and broccoli)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, and cilantro)
- Heat a pan over medium to high heat (or use your grill).
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through (165 degrees internal temperature).
- In a medium saucepan, mix quinoa, chicken broth, and 1 teaspoon olive oil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Toss vegetables with herbs and 1 teaspoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a cooking sheet and roast in the oven at 425 F for 20 minutes.
- Break chicken, quinoa and vegetables into 4 equal servings.
Macronutrients per serving:
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 42g
This recipe is a healthy and balanced meal that provides a good amount of protein from the chicken, carbohydrates from the quinoa, and healthy fats from the olive oil. Additionally, it is a gluten-free option in case you care for this :) Feel free to switch up the vegetables depending on your preference.